Facebook will sometimes block a profile from performing certain actions — especially if they detect that the profile is:
- adding too many friends
- being reported multiple times
- posting content that goes against the Facebook Community Standards.
Common Temporary Block Messages from Facebook
- You have been temporarily blocked from performing this action.
- Our security systems have detected that a lot of people are posting the same content, which could mean that it's spam. Please try a different post.
- You recently posted something that violates Facebook policies, so you're temporarily blocked from using this feature. For more information, visit the Help Center.
- To keep from getting blocked again, please make sure you've read and understood Facebook's Community Standards. The block will be active for (x) days and (y) hours more.
Facebook will make you wait a certain period before restoring your profile's ability to post and do other activities.