Did your Post Planner post fail to publish?
In this article you'll learn how to locate the post, learn why it failed, and (hopefully) correct the problem so it doesn't happen again!
The first thing you should do when you think a post has failed is go to POSTS > FAILED in the app.
Once you're there, select the profile(s) where the post was scheduled to publish. Then try to find the post.
If you find the post, then it definitely failed and you can skip to the Section 3 below to learn what caused the failure and what to do next.
If you can't find the post in FAILED, then the post either failed silently (which is extremely rare), or one of these 2 things happened:
- The post has the wrong time zone (and/or time) and is still waiting to publish in PLANNED
- The post is stuck in PENDING
1. Time zone problems
Did you schedule your post(s) with the right time zone?
You can check by going to POSTS > PLANNED and looking for your post. 🤞🏼
If the post is not there, you can skip to Section 2 below.
If your post is there, then the post probably has a posting time you didn't intend. You may need to correct its time zone.
You can do this by going to your time zone settings in these 2 places:
Make sure the time zones in both these places are correct. Then check the post again and edit the posting time or delete and re-schedule as needed.
2. Posts stuck in PENDING
If you can't find your missing post in FAILED or PLANNED, then it may be in PENDING.
PENDING is where posts go when no time slots in the allow them.
For example, this profile's plan has no time slots that allow videos:
Because of this, any planned video posts will have no time slots to be queued into, so they will end up in PENDING like this:
Posts can also end up in PENDING if all the days are deactivated in the plan.
To move a post from PENDING to PLANNED, simply go to PLANS and activate a day and time for the post's content type. 🙌🏼
3. Failed Posts
If you do see your failed post(s) in FAILED, then the next thing to do is click the post and read the error message.
Below are links to Helpdesk articles with the causes and fixes for each platform-specific failure error.
Facebook Number Errors
- An unknown error has occurred
- An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later
- Empty reply from server
- Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user changed their password or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons
- Error validating access token: The user is enrolled in a blocking, logged-in checkpoint
- Our security systems have detected that a lot of people are posting the same content, which could mean that it's spam. Please try a different post
- Permissions error – Could Not Share Post – Sorry, the post that you’re sharing couldn’t be loaded. It may have been recently deleted. Or it may have privacy settings that prevent sharing
- You have been temporarily blocked from performing this action
- The user must be an administrator, editor, or moderator of the page in order to impersonate it. If the page business requires Two Factor Authentication, the user also needs to enable Two Factor Authentication
- Please re-connect your Facebook profile (name of profile) with Insights permissions.Response from Facebook: Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user changed their password or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons.
- Please re-connect your Facebook profile (name of profile), with Insights permissions.Response from Facebook: Error validating access token: The user is enrolled in a blocking, logged-in checkpoint
- Please re-connect your Group(s) and then follow the instructions to continue publishing to your Group(s)
- Service temporarily unavailable - Can't Download - Could not retrieve data from URL
- The url you supplied is invalid – Invalid URL – Failed to parse URL
- Unable to fetch video file from URL. - Unable to fetch video file from URL - Unable to fetch video file from URL
- Unsupported post request
- Unsupported post request. Object with ID ‘X’ does not exist, cannot be loaded due to missing permissions, or does not support this operation
- You recently posted something that violates Facebook policies, so you're temporarily blocked from using this feature
Twitter General Errors
- Missing required parameter: status
- No status found with that ID
- Tweet needs to be a bit shorter
- Invalid or expired token
- Internal error
- This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later
- Status is a duplicate
- Twitter posts with the same text and video can not be posted simultaneously
- You have already retweeted this tweet
Twitter Images & Media
- Image file size must be = 5242880 bytes
- Image dimensions must be = 4 x 4 and = 8192 x 8192
- Twitter media upload failed – invalid API response
Linkedin General Errors
- You need to reconnect your LinkedIn profile
- Member is restricted
- Internal service error
- Do not post duplicate content
Post Planner General Errors
- Double post protection engaged: Duplicate post detected in last 12 hours
- Facebook is rejecting our requests. Please logout of both Facebook and Post Planner, clear your cookies then comeback to retry your action
- The owner of this website has banned your IP address
- Error while connecting LinkedIn account
- Browser not supported