Are you getting an error? ❌ Are your posts failing? 😨
Are some of your profiles, pages or groups not showing up?
You probably need to reset your social connections to Post Planner by removing the app and re-authorizing it on the different social networks.
To reset your connection, go to Settings > Social Networks.
Then follow the instructions below.
Resetting your social profiles
This process is what we call a "hard reset".
It's a brute-force re-authorization of your social profiles — and should be a "last resort" when trying to fix errors, failed posts or missing profiles.
Here's how to "hard reset" for each type of social profile:
How to reset Facebook & Instagram
(1) Remove the Post Planner app from your Facebook account settings.
Go to your Facebook settings here, choose Post Planner, and click "Remove" to remove the app:
Click "Remove" on the confirmation dialog box.
Then click on Done.
(2) Go to Settings > Social Networks in Post Planner and click the "X" to remove all Instagram accounts:
Confirm removal of your Instagram profile by clicking on "OK".
(3) Logout of Post Planner and logout of Facebook.
(4) Clear your browser's cache for all time.
To go to the Clear browsing data page use the keyboard shortcut CMD/CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE.
You should only clear the browser cache, NOT the full history and cookies. Here's how it looks in Chrome:
(4) Close your browser and re-open it
(5) Login to Facebook again — and then login to your Post Planner account
(6) Go to Settings > Social Networks in Post Planner
IMPORTANT: the Facebook row should be blank. If it is not blank, this process won't work. Please go back to Step 1 and remove Post Planner from your Facebook settings.
(7) Click the green "LOGIN" or "CONNECT" button on the Facebook row and accept/allow ALL permissions
IMPORTANT: You must click "Accept" and agree to EVERY prompt asking for Facebook Permissions for Post Planner. We only ask for the permissions Post Planner needs to run properly. The app will not work without ALL permissions being accepted.
You should see all the Facebook pages and groups you are an admin of.
(8) Click the green "REFRESH" or "CONNECT MORE" button on the Instagram row.
You should see all your Instagram business accounts that are linked to your Facebook pages (that are connected to Post Planner).
(9) Refresh the page on Settings > Social Networks and then click the green "REFRESH" button on the Facebook row one last time.
(10) Check in your Facebook settings to confirm that ALL Facebook Permissions have been granted and are active.
Find the Post Planner row and click "View and edit"
Make sure ALL permissions checkboxes on the right side are checked "ON", including (important!) the 2 Instagram permissions
Pay special attention that you have the 2 Instagram permissions checked:
YOUR HARD RESET OF FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM IS DONE!
How to reset LinkedIn
(1) Remove the Post Planner app from your LinkedIn settings
Go to LinkedIn Permitted Services, choose Post Planner, and click "Remove" to remove the app:
(2) Logout of Post Planner and logout of LinkedIn
(3) Login to LinkedIn again login to your Post Planner account
(4) Go to Settings > Social Networks (the previously connected LinkedIn account should be gone). Click "CONNECT" or "CONNECT MORE" on the LinkedIn row and accept/allow all permissions to connect your LinkedIn account again.
IMPORTANT: You must click allow and agree to EVERY prompt asking for LinkedIn Permissions for Post Planner. We only ask for the permissions Post Planner needs to run properly. The app will not work without ALL permissions being accepted.
(5) Refresh the page on Settings > Social Networks
YOUR HARD RESET OF LINKEDIN IS DONE!
How to reset Pinterest and Twitter
(1) Disconnect any profile by clicking the remove "X" that appears when you hover over the profile
(2) Re-connect the profile from these networks again by following instructions here.
YOUR HARD RESET OF PINTEREST OR TWITTER IS DONE!
You're all set!
Please try again the Post Planner functionality you were having problems with before.
If the problems persist, please contact customer support and we'll get you answers!